Area of Specialization
- Applying the concepts and tools of pedology to solve environmental problems.
- Soil formation processes in tidal wetland soils including organic matter accumulation and decomposition, greenhouse gas fluxes, wetland elevation dynamics and sustainability in the face of sea-level rise and other climate change factors, and carbon crediting schemes.
- Soil formation and variation effects on nutrient and sediment fate and transport in agricultural landscapes.
- Integrated environmental and social science research to implement change.
- B.I.S in International Studies from School for International Training, Brattleboro, VT, 1993.
- M.S. in Agronomy - Soils from the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, 1997.
- Ph.D. in Soil Science (Pedology) from Penn State, University Park, PA, 2002.
For more information, contact
Kintija Eigmina, Web and Communications Coordinator
0204 H. J. Patterson Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20903